Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Transition

I honestly didn't think Aidan would really know what was going on today when I left her down the street with her grandmother while I went to work. I guess I thought she was just too young to really understand, I mean I know she knows mommy and daddy and all. I can't even explain that feeling when they look at you and smile...it melts your heart...but if you are a mother, then you know exactly what I am talking about. Anyway, we got her up and ready and I strollered her down the street to grandma's...and we have left her there for some time before when we had to run out for a couple hours so it's not completely new. She didn't fuss or anything...so I went to work...and I worked...I have five months of stuff to catch up on and it went so fast. I couldn't wait to get to go pick her up. When I got there she was in her stroller just drifting off. My mother in law said she hadn't slept much all day - totally not my little girl...she loves her naps. Then she told me she didn't eat much either compared to what she normally eats, and I knew that something must be up with her. She clung to me for the rest of the night, wouldn't let me put her down...looked at me intently and babbled...
She missed me...the saddest and happiest I could ever be. It makes me want to quit my job and stay home forever...I don't want her to have to miss me ever again...but I have to do it again tomorrow. I didn't realize this would be such a hard transition for me either...

No comments:

Post a Comment