Tuesday, May 5, 2009

3 months or twelve weeks?

Someone please help me out with this stupid thing that is driving me nuts. Tomorrow Aidan will be 12 weeks old...it will be twelve weeks exactly from the day she came into this world. So that makes her 3 months old in my book. Twelve weeks divided by four weeks in a month (on average) equals 3 months. So why do people keep telling me that she should celebrate her month-iversary on the numerical day she was born. In her case she was born on February 11th...so according to these various individuals she doesn't turn three months until Monday, May 11th...a matter of days, I know...but for some reason it bothers me that they think my calculations are wrong. Also, when do we switch over to months when people ask how old she is?? I mean I tell people she is 3 months now, but have been told to say 11 weeks, 12 weeks, etc. What is the rule on this? It is hard enough that when I tell people how old she is they look at me funny because she is so tiny and then I have to go into the fact that she was 6 weeks early...from there I am usually told that "wow, well she was quite big for being that early" which then leads to me saying that I had steroid shots in the hospital which probably helped with her development. Here I go again ...rambling...I'll talk about that hospital stay in another post.

Anyway...calling all moms...please explain this whole month/week/age thing to me...because I just don't get it...and then you can explain clothing sizes to me somewhere down the line...I mean, what is the difference between size 2 and size 2T...!!??

1 comment:

  1. There is more than 4 weeks in a month (yes, even on average.. the only month that actually only has 4 weeks february).. so 12 weeks is not 3 months. Three months will be that date three months later.. I mean of course.. you can round up with strangers though..

    And the difference between 2 and 2T, is, i BELIEVE the T size is longer? but I might have this backwards.

    ReplyDelete