Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My husbands brush with reality...

oh happy day...that is all I can say after I went to work for the first time in five months and left my husband home with Aidan for the day. Let me just give a little background about how my man is...so he picks me up at the hospital the day I am being released to come home. Now keep in mind I have been on hospital bed rest with limited mobility for seven weeks, during that time I gained an estimated twenty pounds (on my 5 ft frame). I guess what I am trying to say is that on top of the normal recovery from a C section I had to deal with additional issues. It was especially hard on me emotionally since I had to leave my baby in the NICU. Anyway, thank god my parents were waiting at home to help me for the next two weeks while I recovered because John just had no clue. The next day when he got home from work he actually asked me if I had clipped the dogs toenails??!! He was asking me if I wrestled an eighty pound Am Staff to the ground and clipped his toenails...5 days after having major surgery...sigh. So, about two weeks go by and I still can't really see my incision site very well, and to tell you the truth I didn't really want to look too much - I get really dizzy when I see any kind of large cuts or wounds...so I made John look at it for me. He was in shock..."wow I thought it would be like a little 3 inch cut" he said..."really????" he was there, I mean, how did he think they would get a five pound baby out of a three inch hole!!?? sheeshhh...only then did he finally understand that a C section is MAJOR SURGERY and why I wasn't doing manual labor. (Even though he was there listening to my discharge instructions).
Fast forward to yesterday...I get home from work and here is what transpired:

Me: "I thought you would have started dinner"
John: "Me too, but she just got up and I had to change her and make her bottle"
Me: "Oh, OK...well what do you want me to make?"
John: "Well, I am not really hungry...I just got a chance to eat...she has been so fussy today. I am so glad she is going into daycare so someone else can deal with her all day when she is like this".
Me: " What's wrong I thought you were going to give her a bath, go to your moms for lunch, do some stuff around the house...what happened??"
John: "She was fussing all day and I couldn't get anything done!!"
Me: "Hah!!! Now you know...I have been doing what you did today for 3 months straight now..."

I have now gotten my point across to him...and it only took ONE DAY for him alone with Aidan.

No comments:

Post a Comment