Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


My first Mother's Day ever...just knowing that Aidan is here with us safe and sound was the best present ever...I didn't really expect any big deal to be made out of it (even though I definitely deserve it!) because my husband is just not a holiday/celebration type person. As much as that sucks sometimes that fact of the matter is that I married him and when I did that I knew he wasn't the romantic type. So when people kept asking what he was doing for me to celebrate and he said nothing I wasn't as shocked as they were...and we really have no money for anything anyway. I won't lie and say I don't always hope he'll surprise me, because sometimes he does. Well today was no different - after telling him that all I wanted was ice cream from our favorite place down the road he surprised me with a cute singing card and the ring that we designed with Aidan's birthstone in it...we were still paying it off. I am so excited that I get to wear it tomorrow when I go back to work for the first time in 5 months. This will be my first extended period away from my little girl and i am worried I won't get much work done.
So my husband wanted me to make sure I mentioned that when he put Aidan down yesterday afternoon he put her on he belly and a minute later he went back because she was fussing and she was on her back. He is such a proud father that his little 3 month old girl rolled over already, but I think it was some sort of weird fluke or something. She can barely hold her head up on her own and she despises tummy time...I am still in search of ways to get her to want to do tummy time...otherwise she will never build the muscles in her neck and as my husband says she will be a "bobble-head" forever!

THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE TODAY
1. Seeing my daughter smile at me (of course)
2. Hugs from my niece and nephew
3. A card from my husband (because it sang to me and because he never gets me cards)
4. My little dog that is snoring next to me and my big dog that is using a pillow like a human
5. Ice cream with sprinkles...
6. Looking at pictures from that day Aidan was born

No comments:

Post a Comment