Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tears, tears ,tears...

The saddest thing in the world is seeing tears roll down my baby's face and not knowing what to do about it. The tears started at about 1 month, before that she would cry, but nothing would come out. Now sometimes it is just the jutted out lower lip ("fat lip" as we refer to it) and then that could escalate into the tears. I try so hard to figure things out before the tears start...its like she is giving me a warning period to figure it out...diaper? bottle? gas bubble? overstimulated?...sometimes I wish she could just tell me what is wrong. But I totally don't want to rush her growing up. I just wish there was a way to know what they are crying for... I feel like a failure when she is crying. One day Oprah had this lady on who could supposedly tell what babies want by the sound of their cries. Like "gaaaaa" meant "I am hungry" and "waaaaa" meant "change me". I wish I had written down her name so I could find out more!

I have decided today that all diapers seem to be made equally...so we will use whatever is on sale or that I have a coupon for...that seems to be Huggies...where are all of the pampers coupons...and why doesn't Emfamil ever have coupons..formula is something I can't bring myself to cheap out on...

No comments:

Post a Comment