Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bassinet = retired


Well....the time has come...the bassinet is done with. Aidan is just getting too big, paired with the fact that she is a belly sleeper that moves everywhere. After last night...woke up by her at 3:30AM to find her staring back at me (she went in there on her belly), I flipped her back over thinking she'd go back to sleep. So I stood there and watched her flip back over and stare up at me. So we got up and did a diaper change (and she peed all over for like, the 4th time this week) and bottle and then it took me FOREVER to get her back to sleep. Once I got her back into the bassinet I had to stand there and shake it for about ten minutes before I was confident that she was sleeping soundly. I was exhausted by then, but then of course, all I could do was lay there and stare at the ceiling, and listen to my snoring husband and dogs. Everyone was sound asleep, and I was jealous. So, as soon as I got home from work, we got the pack n play ready and that is where she will be sleeping in our room. I am just not quite ready to move her into her own room yet. The bassinet is done and I am glad, because really I didn't like it much for her anyway...I am kicking myself for not registering for the one with the music and vibrating modes...sometimes you just gotta splurge!

No comments:

Post a Comment