Monday, June 8, 2009

First day of daycare...

I made it through without having a breakdown. I guess I can thank my boss for making sure I had a full day with plenty of meetings and work to get done. Once I got her there and settled in I sat down to feed her (she takes her timing waking up in the mornings), but then I realized I needed to leave for work...I started to tear up, so I hurried out the door quickly. They gave me the information I needed to log onto the webcams and watch her room during the day. I told them I was super busy and wouldn't have time...yeah, right...no matter how busy I was I still found time to log on and see what I could see...and it wasn't much, that's for sure...the screen is so tiny I could kindof see where she was and what she was doing, but that was it...I guess I expected to be able to zoom in on her or something. Oh well, it was enough for me to see that they were feeding her on the floor in a boppy...I ALWAYS hold her in my arms...so I was almost yelling at the girl through the screen..."pick my daughter up!!!" and I IM'ed my co-worker and complained to him...all he could say was "what's a boppy?"...he's obviously not a dad. Anyway, at 4:29PM I was out of there and on the road to go get my little girl. It was exciting to see her so happy just hanging out on the floor and watching the bigger kids sit up and crawl around her. I know she will learn so much just being with them. But, I was not impressed to see that she didn't eat much...and I will say something about them holding her if she continues to not eat so much. I know it is an adjustment for her, but we are paying alot of money for good care. So we'll see how tomorrow goes...another busy day for me at work...but you know I'll be logged on checking on Aidan all day long...ahhhh, hooray for technology!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Frank and I started www.abcKam.com a secure streaming web video service years ago. I just wanted to note here that the technology is there for you to discuss your daughter with your care taker. So when you pick her up just calmly express your concerns with the center. Discuss how you would like your child cared for. The system your center is using must not be a digital system like we use at abcKam that is a full screen TV quality video! Just thought I would not that!

    Enjoy Frank www.abckam.com

    ReplyDelete